Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2 Ingredient Cookies!


Do you like cookies? I'm assuming that the answer is yes. I don't particularly love sweet things in excess, but of course I love a good cookie every once in a while.

Well, here's my issue. With summer coming soon, I'm trying to eat super healthy. I pretty much eat healthy all year round, but recently I've been taking it up a notch with my food intake as well as my workout routine. Maybe I'm a little bit too obsessed, but to each his own.

Since I'm counting my calories daily, cookies are never even a question. If you're health conscious like me, I'm sure you feel the same way. But what if I told you there was an answer to our prayers?

Keep in mind I'm not a baker, or a health professional. But I know what tastes good. I came across these cookies skimming through Blogilates (go check it out for workouts, healthy recipes, and lifestyle tips!). She had a cookie recipe that was 2 ingredients. Yes, I repeat 2 ingredients. Oats and bananas.



It sounded too good to be true so I researched further. After Googling I found that many have blogged about this recipe. Most stated that the oats and bananas by themselves were lacking, and I decided to doctor them up with the help of reading through tons of reviews.



I'm sure you're just wanting to see the recipe by now, so I'll stop blabbering.

Ingredients (Yields 6 Cookies):
1 ripe banana
1/2-3/4 cup rolled oats
1 packet of splenda
1/8 cup almonds
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup craisins (I went with the low sugar)
1 tbs milk (omit if batter seems moist enough)

Preheat the oven to 350. Mash the banana, then mix in all of the other ingredients. Don't be scared to use your hands and get messy! That is literally it. As my sister said "They look like horse treats," but take my word for it and don't be discouraged by their appearance.



Shape the cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.



Wow, wasn't that easy? For being flourless, butterless, and pretty darn healthy I say these cookies are a winner. Don't expect them to be crunchy, or comparable to your daily Chips Ahoy!, but they are a great alternative for those who want something healthy.

Doctor them up how you'd like. You can add cinnamon, vanilla (which I meant to add but completely forgot), peanut butter, shredded coconut...the sky's the limit!





Nutritional Facts (per cookie): 128 calories*, 6.3g carbs, 1.3g fat,  3.75g protein, 6.75g sugar

*Keep in mind the calories may vary depending on what you put into them. To be honest I had a little bit too many add-ins, so when I make it again I will cut the chocolate chips and craisins in half. This will lessen the calories.
Posted By: Unknown

2 Ingredient Cookies!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Stalk Me

© Book Of Julieism's All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates