Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire


Do you want to know why TV annoys me? Because some television shows don’t know when to just end it. For God sakes Survivor is working on its 28th and 29th season to be aired in 2014, The Bachelor has had 18 seasons not to mention all of the spin-offs such as The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad, and MTV just aired its 29th season of The Real World last week.
This anger ignited in me this morning. I woke up just like any other day and turned on the TV as I sat down to eat my breakfast. When I turned it on I saw that Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was playing. I figured it was just an old rerun. I know Regis Philbin retired from TV quite a few years back and Meredith Viera replaced him on the show. The game format was changed around and even though Meredith was good I never really warmed up to the change of play and host.  To my surprise this was not an old episode….and who was hosting you might ask…CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER.
Cedric the Entertainer

Is this some kind of sick joke? I’m not hatin’ on Cedric but what kind of grade A blasphemy is this? Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is a legend as far as game shows go. Now I’m even more aggravated that they didn’t completely pull it after Regis Philbin. Yes, Cedric is qualified and absolutely fine as a TV host in general; but, what the network needs to realize is that the show will never own up to the original…SO WHY KEEP IT GOING. It honestly makes my blood boil (or perhaps I’m just lactose intolerant because I ate a lot of yogurt this morning and I don’t think my gastrointestinal track is very happy with me).

Do less, television, do less. Even though many reality shows go way upwards of ten seasons, at what point do you think they lose their integrity? Sometimes when you love something, you have to let it go.

You know what, maybe some of these shows do still stay true to their original state. But seriously, it can’t go on forever. I (clap) can’t (clap) deal (clap) with (clap) it (clap). But I do have to admit I still watch The Real World which I will most likely do a review on later hehe. Maybe I’m just a griping hypocrite.


Regis and Joy Philbin at the
2009 Tribeca Film Festival
To wrap this up I’d like to give a shoutout to my boy Regis Philbin for still being alive and kicking like an absolute boss. The man is as sharp as an arrow straight from the factory. Seriously, God bless him. As for Cedric the Entertainer…I wish him the best with millionaire. It’s not his fault the network is still snowballing the show, and I’m sure he will do just fine.

So what are your thoughts? Do you think that long running reality shows are overkill, or simply a comfort blanket for the American public? I guess here we are toying with the line if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.   


Posted By: Unknown

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Stalk Me

© Book Of Julieism's All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates