Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tamera Mowry's Scrutinized Marriage

If you're anywhere between the ages of 20 and 25, I'm sure that Tia and Tamera Mowry are familiar names from your childhood. I used to watch Sister, Sister on a daily basis along with all of the other 90's favorites such as Saved by the Bell, and Boy Meets World. Even though I was under the age of ten when I watched them and couldn't understand a lot of their teenage directed humor, I would still laugh at all of the jokes I didn't understand to try and compensate for being completely oblivious. If I were my parents I probably would have slapped myself listening to all of the stupid cackling. Ahhhhh, the life of being young and dumb.

During and after the production of Sister, Sister, the Mawry siblings continued to act in kid-friendly roles for the majority of their young life. Does anyone remember the show Smart Guy? Their brother was the main character and was absolutely adorable. The kid looked like a living chicken nugget with dimples.

After these shows were discontinued, I have to say I had no clue what happened to Tia and Tamera. I knew that they were still acting separately, but that was pretty much it.

Apparently in 2011 Tamera Mowry married Fox News correspondent Adam Housley. A few days ago she spoke out on Oprah's: Where Are They Now; to discuss the internet racism she has received from being in an interracial marriage.

 First of all, it is disheartening that she would even have to come out on something like this. Even though the internet is an open platform to criticism that doesn't make anything racist, sexist, biased, etc. ethical on any terms. Love is blind and when it is all said and done, regardless of the color of our skin we are all human beings. The poor thing is clearly distraught by the comments just like any other women would be. It's easier said than done to "just ignore it" when it is truly unavoidable. 

Now, I don't want to come off insensitive, but was anyone else confused by her sisters reaction? To me it seemed like Tia was hearing all of this for the first time. I mean maybe the two never got into detail about the specific comments being made but shouldn't she have known this was going on? Watch between :39-:45.

"Geez, like what do they say?" 

WHAT THE HECK TIA? I'm sure your twin has been getting this stuff spitballed to her since 2011. And I'm sure you had to have known that when you were asked to be on this Oprah show that your sisters marriage was a topic of interest. The entire time I watched this I was cracking up at how surprised she looked. 

Does anyone have an answer for me here? Like I said before, no disrespect but Tia threw me for a loop on that one.

I hope that Tamera Mowry can one-day create a coating where the comments repel straight off of her, but like I said before that is easier said than done. I'm sending an air hug and a puppy over express mail. I wish her all the best in her marriage, and have one thing left to say.


Posted By: Unknown

Tamera Mowry's Scrutinized Marriage

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Stalk Me

© Book Of Julieism's All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates